Below you will find our Health Guarantee in full detail. We ask that you look over this thoroughly and become very familiar with this before committing to adopt a puppy from us. The safety and health of our pups will forever be top priority with us.
Guarantee of Good Health
If there is a congenital/genetic defect within 30 days of purchase, the dog's life is threatened (will die), and it cannot be surgically corrected, or the costs of the surgery are too exorbitant for the owner:
he dog must be humanely put to sleep, and we must receive a letter stating such from your veterinarian, on his stationary, identifying the dog and a description of its condition and treatments. (Please understand that the pup would not live anyway with such a serious illness). We also reserve the right to have our veterinarian consult with your veterinarian regarding any health conditions that may exist.
You must return to us the dog's registration papers.
(Please note: If corrective surgery is chosen, all associated expenses are to be paid by the dog owner, and not by the breeder.)
After these qualifications have been met, you may choose a replacement pup from any of our litters (subject to availability); paying the difference in price if you desire a more expensive puppy, buyer pays shipping. No cash refunds are given. Our guarantee does not include poisoning, parasites, reproductive problems, accidents, lack of training, or behavioral problems. Again, our guarantee DOES NOT include poising, accidents or behavioral problems, as training philosophies and environments vary amongst individuals. Our guarantee does not include cosmetic issues with puppies such over bites, under bites, missing teeth, regrowing dew claws, umbilical hernias. We also do not guarantee external and internal parasites.
Hip Dysplasia Guarantee
Hip dysplasia (CHD) and other joint problems can often be attributed to environmental conditions as well as heredity. Studies have shown that CHD is 50% genetic as well as 50% environmental. Therefore, we cannot guarantee this dogs hips against any form of dysplasia that is attributable to non-genetic causes, nor do we guarantee a dog will obtain any particular Orthopedic Foundation for Animals (OFA) rating. In the unlikely event that a Abercrombie Labrador Retriever puppy is suspected of being mildly dysplastic in its first two years, due to genetic cause, and is not functionally able to run or walk without extreme pain (Many times, even with diagnosed dysplasia, the puppy can still live a happy, full, and pain-free life), this is the procedure to follow for the terms of the guarantee to remain in effect:
1. The puppy must have a preliminary OFA exam on the hips before 15 months old, and the results sent to us before 18 months of age. The dog must then obtain a final OFA rating at 24 months. We must be notified within fifteen days of a final diagnosis of mild hip dysplasia.
2. Your Veterinarian must send us a copy of the X-rays as well as a copy of the OFA report showing the dysplasia, with the dogs microchip number included on both the X-ray and report. (Please note that we are not promising that your dog will rate fair, good, or excellent on OFA report). At our own expense, we may require a second exam of the dog by a licensed veterinarian of our choice. In the event of a differing diagnosis, you may request a final exam by a licensed Orthopedic veterinarian agreeable to the breeder. All costs associated with a third diagnosis, if necessary, will be at the responsibility and expense of the owner. The diagnosis of a third exam will be binding.
3. The dog must never have been used for breeding, not be overweight, and must still be with its original owner.
4. The dog must have been fed a Large Breed Puppy food up to its 1st birthday and a premium grade adult food, containing Glucosamine and Chondroitin, thereafter.
5. Inasmuch as dog foods differ and shelf/home storage inconsistencies can cause significant nutritional degradation of the food, we require the use of a daily nutritional supplement NuVet Plus to ensure that proper and adequate nutrition is obtained. Due to the varying kinds of food and different environmental conditions the puppies come in contact with, we will not guarantee their health unless they are given NuVet Plus® for the life of the dog using NuVet Labs recommended dosage. Failure to do so makes the guarantee null and void.
6. The puppy must be given exercise, yet, not excessively. Namely, the owner agrees not to start lengthy jogging, agility, jumping, heavy or competitive field trialing or any impact prone activity which may damage the puppy's bone or muscle structure during its active growth period until it has reached a minimum of 18 months of age.
7. Finally, the dog must be spayed or neutered and proof of spaying or neutering signed by your veterinarian must be shown to the breeder. The letter, on your Vets letterhead, must also state that the animal has not been overfed for its height/structure, and has received regular check-ups.
When the preceding terms have been met, a replacement pup may be chosen from any breeding that you prefer. The original purchase price will apply toward the replacement. If the price of the replacement puppy is greater than the price of the original puppy purchased, you will pay the difference. All shipping charges for the replacement puppy are to be paid for by the owner. You may keep your original dog, however any expenses incurred for all Veterinary diagnosis and treatment are the sole responsibility of the owner.
No cash refunds are given. No further or previous guarantees are implied either verbally, written, or otherwise stated.
Dear Puppy Buyer,
As a dog breeder, animal health is our top priority. That is why NuVet Plus immune system builder is required as part of your pets Health Guarantee.
Hundreds of thousands of dogs and cats are using NuVet to protect against most ailments (from back yard pesticides, pet food allergies and hormones, toxic formaldehyde in furniture and carpeting, ailments transmitted from dog parks and the vets office, etc), while maintaining a beautiful skin and coat.
This is not just a vitamin. Its an immune system builder with a precise balance of vitamins, minerals, omega fatty acids, amino acids and high-potency antioxidants. That is why it works so well through all three stages of a dogs life.
- For younger dogs (under 2 years old), it strengthens their immune system, while building and strengthening the cardiovascular, skeletal and nerve systems. It also helps protect them from the side effects of vaccinations and the stress of new and different environments.
- For dogs in their prime (age 2-8), it improves the luster of their skin and coat while protecting against allergies, skin and coat problems, staining from tears, digestive problems, etc.
- For older dogs (over 8 years old), it helps protect against, tumors, premature aging, cataracts, heart conditions, diabetes and many types of cancer, while extending the life and improving the vitality of many dogs.
We highly recommend NuVet Plus to keep your pet on the path to perfect health! Its not available in stores, and is only available to the general public with an order code from an authorized pet professional.
For your convenience, you may order directly from the manufacturer (at up to 50% off what most veterinarians charge) by calling 800-474-7044 and using Order Code: 69190, or ordering online at www.nuvet.com/69190. You can also save an additional 15% and assure you never run out of NuVet by choosing the auto ship option at check out.
To the long life and health of your puppy!
Maco Light Labradors